Thursday 6 June 2019

Hair

This is a print from a shot taken around 1976, of my dad.  Like a lot of men in those days he had the Bobby Charlton 'comb-over' - although as you can see, it rarely did the job it was intended to do, namely, disguise a receding hairline.  I've been lucky enough (?) to inherit my dad's hair genes but I prefer a Number 1 cut - much easier to work with.  And I save a small fortune on shampoo, brushes, combs, hairdryers, etc :)

My father, c1976.  Printed 2019, Adox paper

This would have been the OM-1 pointed at him back then, which he probably didn't care much for at the time as he was clearly in the middle of making something.  He renovated the kitchen around then - him and my grandfather re-built it themselves. He was good with his hands, was my dad.  He was a trained architect, but for some reason ended up in education, as did his brother.  As did I.  And my brother.  Yup, there's a definite trend there in the males of the family which I'm sure y'all spotted...


No comments:

Post a Comment