Friday 26 October 2018

Water fountain

In the back streets of Sorrento there are a million cafes and boutiques all vying for your Euros.  But inbetween the stores there are more interesting things to be found:

Marble fountain, Sorrento.  Foma fibre paper, lith 

I'm not sure this marble fountain is a thing of beauty, mind - those fish-like things aren't exactly the most welcoming of critters.  But as a small example of Italian craftsmanship it ain't bad - and I like the fact that it's almost hidden (as much as you can hide such a thing) between the clothes rails and the outlets offering day trips to Capri.

2 comments:

  1. Very Italian, I think! You just never know when you'll run into something quite spectacular. I can't wait to go down there again, I must say. Next time I will load my bag up with HP5 and FP4, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren’t we lucky still having Ilford/Harman products! Technically perhaps not exactly as was but still, to be using FP4 and HP5 in this day and age?...what with digital having taken over...it’s truly amazing.

      Delete