Tuesday 30 October 2018

Thirsty work

It's half term in The Liberties, which means Missy is off for the week and - hurrah! - no school runs to be done.  Replaced by runs to and from town, to and from cinema, to and from friends' houses.  Not sure which is preferable, mind you, but it makes a change.

This print is the last one from the batch of Italian lith prints I did the other day.  We were walking aimlessly around Sorrento in the early evening and I liked the shadows thrown up by the sun hitting this old pump.  The bit of graffiti on the wall didn't do any harm either, on what was otherwise a fairly blank canvas.  Anyway, as I pointed the camera to compose I became aware of a gentleman waiting for me finish.  I lowered the camera, smiled and motioned for him to go ahead.  His dog clearly knew the trick and I snapped them up as it quenched its thirst:

Early evening in Sorrento, 2018.  Lith print.

2 comments:

  1. Now we're talkin Street Photography, my friend! This one will win prices, should you ever be thinking about shipping it around a bit :)
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy- I wish I shared your conviction!

      Delete