Monday 29 July 2024

Stuff going on

One from the archives for your amusement today, since there's too much going on at the minute to get anywhere near a camera or the darkroom.  I dunno.  I thought being retired and all that would allow me just to kick back and sip expensive wine while I think about...nothing much.  But I'm getting busier every week it seems - and that wasn't in the plan.  Probably like others in my age group (I turned 61 a few weeks ago) I'm caught between helping the younger and the older.  Missy is trying to tie down a Masters course, in between her temp job cleaning the Oxford Colleges, so I'm helping with that (the study thing, not the cleaning thing).  And mother is needing more and more support.  She wants to try to clear out 60+ years of hoarding, in spare rooms, garage and outhouses.  Probably a good idea, but it falls on me to do it - under her supervision, of course.  Ah well, it's nice to feel needed, I guess.  There's a lot of spiders in those outhouses, that much I can tell you.


Street scene, downtown Chicago


2 comments:

  1. Great picture. He looks like he's trying to make a major decision.
    My father said he was looking forward to a retirement of relaxing, fishing, hunting, and doing things at the cabin. But he spent most of his time painting, fixing, and bringing my mother out to the store. And then raising a grandchild (not mine) for more than ten years . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your dad had a pretty fulfilling retirement. Maybe not the one he planned, but still.

      And thanks!

      Delete