Monday 3 April 2023

Daffodil Garden

I had a walk around the Daffodil Garden in the University grounds last week.  One of the first PhDs at the New University of Ulster (as it was called back then when it opened in the late 1960s) was on daffodils.  This caused much merriment around the town - no doubt folk expected PhDs in astrophysics and what have you rather than flowers.  One of the legacies of the PhD was, however, a rather lovely garden which at one time had a wide variety of the aforementioned flower.  These days I think the garden has by and large been left to its own devices and as a result there wasn't the carpet of daffs that I remember a few years ago.  But it's still a rather lovely place to dander around, with or without a camera.  I had the M6 with me, with the 35mm lens and FP4+ loaded and snapped up the waterfall near the entrance, which was in full flood on account of all the recent rain:

Handheld around 1/15th of a second.  Yup, I know, should have used a tripod.  On Foma 133 paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment