Monday 13 March 2023

More gems

 More diamonds, that is:


I liked the symmetry of the shadowed walls in this shot - and the satellite dish provides a nice buffer for the corner.
Fm3a, 85mm on Adox MCC.  

Normally when I walk around the campus I have a wide-angle lens with me.  On this occasion I took an 85mm.  I've said before I'm usually a one-camera one-lens guy when I go out - I try to get my eye for that one focal length and don't worry about what I might be missing by not having an alternative.  For this visit to the campus the 85mm worked very well for me.

It's March already but we're still stuck with wintery weather there in The Liberties.  No snow (although other parts of Northern Ireland have had plenty recently) but very cold and just a bit horrible.  No sign of that changing for another week or two by the look of things.  So we're still waiting for Spring, in spite of the daffodils trying to convince us otherwise.


2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting building design, for sure. Did anyone complain that it was ugly when it was first built? That often happens when something is different than what's around it.
    I try to stick to one or maybe two primes when I'm out for a casual stroll. A 50 or a 28. I have a zoom lens but zooms are heavy and cumbersome. I once took a month-long trip to Malaysia with only a standard prime to keep weight down. I think that only once did I feel the need for a slightly longer lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about that, Marcus - I was too young to notice. I think the town was taken aback by the award of the Uni in the first place (Coleraine is a relatively small town) and it took a while to get used to the whole idea. Now it's the town's biggest employer.

      You can do so much with just a 50mm lens. Sometimes having choices detracts from the act of making a good photograph.

      Delete