Thursday 14 February 2019

Portstewart Bay

There's a handy car park just above the harbour in Portstewart that has doubles up as a decent viewing point.  It means I can work from the boot of the car, which I like doing and is particularly handy if the weather is poor.  It can get very windy up there and the car can act as a useful shield.  If I'm feeling brave (not often) I'll take a few steps along the path you see here towards the cliff edge, but I find myself less inclined to do that these days.

This shot was taken last week on a decent day weather-wise.  It needed a little bit of work in the darkroom - burning in the sky at around grade 4 and dodging the foreground a little.  Here's the end result, on Adox MCC fibre paper:

Portstewart Bay, looking towards Castlerock/Magilligan Point.  Hasselblad, 80mm, orange filter



2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your clouds. I think I'm going to find the place in Korea with the worst weather and move there. It's nothing but clear blue skies where I live. And when we do get clouds, it's hot enough to split rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes we do get some clouds in this country ;) Blue skies are no friend to the B&W photographer, Marcus - as you say.

      This time of year, as the seasons change, bring some lovely cloud formations. Summer I'm not so keen on as the haze can be very strong. Then Autumn is another good time for the skies.

      There are more clouds coming, by the way :)

      Delete