I went into the darkroom this morning to develop a couple of films that got finished the other day...only to find that I was out, or nearly out of ID-11. Not enough left in the bottle to develop anything. So even that didn't go to plan. I had another box of it on the shelf, so I set about mixing it up so maybe later today I'll get back to Plan A and produce some negs.
In the meantime, I bring you an old one of some trees:
|Somerset Wood, by the Trim Trail. Not that there's much of a Trim Trail anymore - that fad seemed to die a death about 10 years ago. But it's still a decent walk in the country, with lots of interesting paths through the trees.|
Just in case you're interested, with ID-11 there's a sachet of powder A and another of powder B. You start with 3.75 litres of water, at 40 degrees. Add A, stir it about a bit, then add B and stir some more. Lots more. Then bring the volume up to 5 litres and you're good to go. Well, you're good to decant it into some storage bottles, hopefully air-tight and then you're good to go. You've 3 choices how to use it, stock, 1+1 or 1+3. Stock just seems extravagant. I get decent results with 1+1 and that's my usual method. I've used 1+3 and it's OK, but the times get a bit on the long side - 20mins or so, compared to 11mins (FP4+) or 13mins (HP5+) with 1+1.
Anyway, we're off to Ballymoney, to try and see some megalithic tombs - these ones, to be precise. Hopefully the landowner won't see us, or if he does, won't mind too much.