Tuesday 16 February 2016

Spot the difference

This one had me fooled for a bit.

Here is a shot from 'down our road' taken on the Yashica T4:


The place is flooded, as you can see.  And as you can also see I'm getting streaks along the sprocket holes - again.  And I was being really gentle with my agitation, so I don't know.

Here's more or less the same shot, taken on a different day with Herr German Rangefinder Kamera:


And I was thinking to myself, what's going on here then?  Then I remembered, I'd stuck a dark red filter on the rangefinder the other day, as it was Mr Boring Blue Sky, to see what happened.  And of course I'd left it on, since on the rangefinder you're not looking through-the-lens, right?, so you don't notice what filter is mounted.  Still, it's different.  It has potential, that filter does.  Perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. There's difference for sure, and I could kind of make out what's been happening already at first glance! You see, I have been known to do the same thing myself with viewfinder cameras, though not with the same great result as you achieved right here to be totally honest. I usually get a virtually black snap out of them if I'm not aware of what's on at the front of the lens at the moment of truth.
    I should use more of them. My filters, that is. At least the yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete