Monday, 5 October 2026

A model shoot

My wife dabbles with dressmaking and is always on the lookout for mannequins, so when she saw a advert offering a couple of freebies it wasn't long before I was dispatched to collect them.  Turns out there were 3 in total, two in a seated position and one standing.  They're weird things, mannequins and I did have a little laugh to myself when trying to get them into the back of the car - arms (theirs) ended up having to be detached while hands (mine) ended up, well, in places they shouldn't have been in order to manoevre them into the car.  Surprisingly heavy things they are, too.

Anyway, I got them home and my wife decided she only really had use for the standing one, which we have called Natasha as she has a bit of a Slavic look to her.  The seated ones, she decided, would be too hard to dress so they ended up in the garage until I got time to get them outside onto an old bench and point the Hasselblad at them, complete with 150mm Sonnar and 16 extension tube so I could get in close.

FP4+, on Fomabrom112 paper

I couldn't get the arms to fit very well, as you can see.  Awkward things to work with, truth be told - bits kept falling off.  Anyway, a few wigs came along with them and it was a bit freaky to see the difference when one was added - they suddenly became much more human-like:




No comments:

Post a Comment