Monday, 7 September 2026

Recognised

An apt post, I think, given Mr Peddle's comment on my last print.  I printed this one yesterday and only when I saw the finished article did I think, 'Hmm, I think I've seen that girl before'. 


150mm on the 'Blad, FP4+ on Fomabrom 112.

I think it's the same girl as in this shot, from last year's show.  Now given that there's a good chance she will be at next year's show should I perhaps take these prints along for her?  I think the only way it could work is if I took along a whole portfolio of prints and it just so happened there were the two of her - so that she didn't think I was targetting her specifically and get totally spooked.

What I might (might) do is see if there is a website for the show and perhaps send a selection of shots to the admin people.  But I'm not even sure about that.  Am I being too cautious?  

5 comments:

  1. I'd bring the prints and give them to her. "I see, and sometimes photograph, the same people here every year and this year I thought I'd give prints to the people I recognize." Diffuses it nicely, takes the creepy right out. My bet is that they will be delighted to receive the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim's idea is a good one, as is bringing along a lot of prints so that she doesn't think you were targeting her. Maybe approach when the parents are there?
    The photo in this post is great, by the way. You are really good at photographing this sort of event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apols for not replying sooner, Marcus.

      Yeah it’s a tricky one, approaching people. I’m probably overthinking it, people here are generally accepting.

      And thanks. I really enjoy these events, they are really wonderful days out. I hope that shows in my photographs.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I can see that you enjoy the shows. And I enjoy seeing the pictures.

      Delete