Monday 6 June 2022

The sun doth shine, on occasion

OK so the fact that The Liberties is right at the top of Ireland means you can expect more than your fair share of precipitation - that's a given.  But occasionally the sun does break through and when it does we do like to avail of it and top up our Vitamin D levels.  Of course we burn - we’re Irish. I'm not one for sitting in the sun but I still have a permanent farmer's tan in the summer months - head, neck and lower arms red, everywhere else white.  So be it.  But on a quick visit to Belfast's Botanic Gardens it was nice to see so many people outside on the grass, doing nothing in particular, just sitting enjoying the sun. 

Botanic Gardens, Belfast, Spring 2022.  OM4ti, 24mm Zuiko, HP5+, HC-110 on Ilford MG Classic fibre paper. I'd definitely be the one in the shade of the tree if I was in this shot instead of being behind the camera - which I find is usually the best place for me.  


4 comments:

  1. A lovely summer scene. I would be in the shade with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Indeed - 5 minutes in the sun and I go a nice shade of crimson :(

      Delete
  2. Nicely balanced shot. I’d be hiding too. Pasty. You’ve not got an exclusive on the rain in Northern Ireland. I did the Ring of Kerry some years ago and it threw it down the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CD. Ach that's a shame for your Kerry trip. I can just imagine. If we could count on decent weather, I don't think we'd ever have an excuse to leave Ireland but I have to admit it is very pleasant wandering around somewhere balmy in the evening (eg, Italy in late September). We don't do balmy here.

      Delete