Thursday 5 August 2021

Old Coastguard Station, Portstewart

Up above Portstewart Harbour on one side and the Herring Pond on the other sits this rather strange little brick building.  It's not used for anything these days, it just sits there and looks out over the Bay towards Donegal.  Not the first time I've photographed it and probably not the last either, but I preferred it when it was white.  It's painted a deep red colour now, so I have to put a similarly deep red filter on to make it look anyway interesting at all...


The Coastguard Thing in Portstewart. Via Hasselblad, 250mm Sonnar & FP4+ in HC-110. Foma 313 paper.

The square is hard to beat, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Good photo of an interesting building. Have you ever tried any detail photographs of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus! I haven't, no - but I shall investigate next time I'm there. The front (as you can see), where the windows were, is just boarded up. Still, it's worth a walkaround to see if anything catches my eye.

      Delete