Monday 17 August 2020

The Lads

 A few of us film-shooters ventured out last week just to see if the place was as we left it six months ago.  (It was, strangely enough).  It was a Nikon day for me - the FM3a had the 180mm on it and these were taken with it (which also goes to show that we were 'social distancing', or at least for these shots anyway).  First up we have Mr Lee, who although is the right side of 40, likes his film gear.  He's particularly fond of Exacta cameras (and let's face it, who isn't?).  Well, he was, until his camera mysteriously stopped working one time we were all out last year.  Actually most times we are out together something disastrous happens....we're still trying to work out who it is that is bringing the bad luck.  


A film waster.


Next up we have Mr David, who seems to be in the process of collecting any film camera that comes his way.  Sounds like a good plan, if you ask me...


And another one.  Both on HP5+ printed on Fotospeed RCVC Oyster paper.


Unlike David, I try to show a modicum of restraint these days with my camera-buying but my resolve wilted the other day when I was offered a decent looking black Nikon F2a at a 'friend' price.  The F2a is the one with the matched needle display instead of those 'orrible new-fangled LED things in the newer F2as.  I didn't need it, but I wanted it.  The F2 was the iconic camera of the '70s when I was a lad and it's a beast compared to, say, the Olympus OM-1 but it is a thing of beauty and I love it.  I think you could probably drive over an F2 and it would still work...it feels as tough as old boots.  I'm seriously considering selling the FM3a as having two Nikons is a bit of overkill.  It would be the sensible thing to do...but sense and me don't always go together like they should. We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment