Monday 3 August 2020

Back At the Show

I revisited the Ballymoney Agricultural Show negatives the other day and printed a couple that I thought warranted a second look.


'Catching up', Ballymoney Show 2019. Kenthene paper.


I like the gentleman's ruddy complexion in comparison to the lady's.  Clearly he spends a lot of time outdoors.  The rosette marks him out as a judge, by the way - not a Category Winner ;)


"Family Day Out".  Adox MCC paper.


I had high hopes for the 2020 Agricultural Shows, as I found them a good opportunity to waste even more film than usual, but obviously they had to be cancelled.  Hopefully next year - if we're all living and spared - things will get back to something near normality and the Shows will be running again. 

2 comments:

  1. I like these, especially the second one as the lady is looking right at you. Do people at the show know you? Or do they assume that people will be there with cameras?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus. I agree the second one is the better of the two.

      No-one knew me at the Show (apart from Sheep Man) but it was clearly a big day out for people - everyone was in high spirits and seemed happy to be photographed. No-one I pointed a camera at seemed to mind one little bit, which was great! Occasionally I pointed at the camera and gave them a thumbs up beforehand but most times I just snapped away.

      Delete