Thursday 4 June 2015

Dereliction

Another couple of snaps from round and about.  This old mill-structure-thing was found way out past a wee village called Balnamore, just outside Ballymoney.  Always reminds me of Balamory - the programme that Missy used to love when she was wee.  You know what I'm talking about - Miss Hooley and all that.

Old Mill?
I say 'old mill', but I really have no idea what this building was used for.  Looks like some sort of grain hopper, but I'm only guessing.  Looked quite interesting to me, so I snapped 'er up for your delight.

What used to be here?
If you look very closely in this shot there's a wee bit of a stone wall lurking in the undergrowth.  I wonder what wee hovel sort of a place used to be there?  Probably housed three generations of family that did, once upon a time.  Actually, probably not that long ago - perhaps 100 years or so.  Funny how times have changed.  Now we're worrying about whether the iPhone 5c or the 5s is a better buy - I'm assuming no-one reading this post has an iPhone 6, of course.  Personally I'm holding out for an iPhone 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment