Friday 5 June 2015

Castleroe wrap-up

Last couple of snaps from the wee tour around Castleroe wot I done the other day.  Nothing spectacular here - I apologise in advance for the rubbish subject matter.

What 'av we 'ere then?
So what's to see here? Nothing much - apart from a typical Norn Iron sky, some grass and some leaf-less trees taken in the late Spring of 2015.  Note the tree on the right - now there is something that annoys the heck out of me.  The trunk is covered in ivy, which you find a lot around these parts.  I have to say that I do not like ivy one little bit.  Probably as I spent the best part of 6 months trying to remove it from our outhouses - it had a real hold on them, particularly on the roofs and there was a micro eco-system all of its own, complete with soil and everything.  A haven for mini-beasts and flies of all types.  Why do people actually plant ivy? Have they no idea?!  The walls around Mother's house are covered in it, and I can tell you after 50 years the ivy has won.  There is no way it could be removed from around her house, without a serious digger coming in to flatten everything.  Horrible stuff, ivy.  OK, rant over!

More trees&stuff

So that concludes our little exploration around Castleroe.  Next time I'm out and about I might take better snaps - let's hope so, eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment