Monday 16 October 2023

Keep the noise down

I can't imagine that there's much work done during the summer in and around the Bodleian Library, in spite of the sign requesting quiet.  It's a very busy place - at any given moment there are usually 2 or 3 tours complete with guides as well as family groups and individuals wandering about the courtyard:

Spotmatic/28mm/HP5+/Foma133.

This was another of those shots when I parked myself against the wall and just observed the scene playing out in front of me for a while, hoping to trigger the shutter at an opportune moment.  Not sure if I succeeded or not in this case.  The two doorways left and right do provide a bit of an anchor to the chaos in the middle, I guess.


2 comments:

  1. The fellow on the right is in a good place. I assume you had your eye on him.
    Any Buddhist temple with a bit of history has the same tourist-noise problem as the Bodleian. If I were a monk, I would certainly hate to be posted to one of the more popular temples. When I visit temples I go to the Shrine of the Three Saints because it's usually in far corner and most tourists don't make it past the main hall with the big golden Buddha statues. I like to sit inside and look at the saint with the tiger companion. Very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when I saw the guy on the right appear I thought That's it.

      Your temple visit sounds perfect - away from the madding crowd.

      Delete