Thursday 1 June 2023

Home and away

I've not been in the darkroom this week, due to the fact I'm across the water (England, that means, in Northern Irish-speak). So I'm posting this to remind me that as nice as Oxford is, things aren’t too bad back home in Portstewart:


Portstewart Strand, looking towards Downhill.

Truth be told I’ve had enough of folk now - Oxford is a busy place. Heading for home tomorrow and an early morning walk on the Strand is looking very attractive right now. To make matters worse, I’m missing the best weather of the year back home while here in Oxford it’s decidedly cool. It’s usually the other way round. Typical. 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the walk along the strand. Looks lovely. I rode a bus up to Hwajinpo Lake last week and was delighted to find almost no one there. Korea seems to get better the farther north you go. Well, until you go a bit too far north . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'd be stopping long before the border if I was you, Marcus! I think they would love to capture an imperialist Canadian-Korean "spy" with a camera.

      Delete
    2. Maybe they'd give me a good job photographing their Glorious Nation for propaganda purposes. (Dear National Security Office, I don't really mean our northern neighbour is glorious. And I don't want to go there for work. I have to explain because I know the National Security Law doesn't recognise humour).

      Delete
    3. If your National Security Office is reading this blog I admire their attention to detail :)

      Delete