Monday 15 August 2022

Woofer

 I thought this was a rather nice looking hound on Portstewart Prom, so I asked the owner if I could take a shot.  He waved his assent so I started to frame the shot.  I had to wait a while, though, until the two elderly ladies came up into the shot.  It look longer than I thought and I'm sure the guy was sitting thinking 'What the heck is he doing?'  Finally I got the shot and lifted my head, to find half-a-dozen people behind me, waiting patiently for me to finish.  Ooops! People can be very polite at times...

Woofer on the Prom, 2022.  FP4+ on the 'Blad/50mm, Foma 133.

You can see the gentrification of the Prom going on in the background.  Very expensive apartments down by the harbour and then a major new development just getting started.  It's the same at the other end.  Eventually all the older buildings will go and it will be end-to-end apartments, with cafes on the ground floor.  I think that was the second time this summer I've been down to Portstewart (which is only about a mile from where I live).  I had to nip down last Saturday morning to get some medications for mother and I made sure I was there at 9am, when the Pharmacy opened.  It made no difference - the place was already bunged with cars and folk.  I know it’s a good hunting ground for street shots but you have to be in the mood. Saturday morning I couldn't get away quick enough.  Roll on September when the visitors and second-home owners go back from whence they came.


4 comments:

  1. Very polite, indeed. I have problems with polite people who don't walk in front of my camera when that's what I'm waiting for. The two ladies improve the photo a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the ladies add to the shot. Your problem is the other side of the coin. Still, nice to know that some people are polite enough to see you and hold back. I remember a few years ago in Bath I was lining up a shot when this guy came in from nowhere and proceeded to stand about 2 feet in front of me, camera in hand...completely oblivious to my presence.

      Delete
    2. I get that guy now and then as well.

      Delete