Wednesday 2 May 2018

Ammophila

Marram grass, if you prefer, or I just call it dune grass.  I always like how it appears on a print and when it's toned it changes again.  This one was printed normally on Warmtone RC paper then bleached in cupric sulphate and redeveloped in very old, warm, lith:

Ilford HP5+, 'Blad and Warmtone RC - and the rest as above.

Perhaps a bit like John Blakemore and his tulips, I can easily see myself developing a bit of an obsession with dune grass.  It really is a lovely subject to photograph and print.


2 comments:

  1. I very much agree to that, Michael. A lovely subject, and again a great print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a better composition there somewhere, Roy - and hopefully a better print too, but this one was quite interesting for me too.

      Delete