Thursday 24 June 2021

In the City

You might recognise the title of this post from the first studio album of The Jam.  I was a big fan of The Jam back in the day - it was clear from the off that Paul Weller was a great songwriter and the trio had a lot of talent.  OK they may have dropped the ball to an extent with their second album (This is the Modern World) but their third album, All Mod Cons, was just sublime, with Down in the Tube Station at Midnight, English Rose and Mr Clean.  I must have played that LP hundreds of times when I was a spotty youth. When Mr Weller left to pursue other musical interests everyone knew it was the end of The Jam and although that was a sad thing it was probably the right thing, as The Jam clearly wasn't the right vehicle for the road that Paul Weller wanted to travel down.  And what a road that turned out to be.  Heck his last solo album in 2021 entered the UK charts at #1...not bad for a guy in his 60s.

Anyway, as usual I digress.  Last week my wife and I escaped the confines of home for the first time in a very long number of months and had a couple of days in Belfast.  It wasn't a photographic expedition so I took the Yashica T4 with me and snapped anything that caught my eye as we wandered about.  This was one of the few shots worth printing - well, I think it was worth printing, but of course you may have a different view.  So might I when I wake up tomorrow...


In the City.  Yashica T4 and HP5+, printed on MGV deluxe paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment