Thursday 18 June 2020

Flora

This one was lurking on a film in a camera for a good long while...I think it was the Pentax ME Super, same roll as the tea-drinker lady was on.  There were a few keepers on that roll.  Maybe like wine, good negs take time to ferment - perhaps I should leave them all in a camera for a year or two...

Anyway, it's some flora stuff, the sort that grows in yer garden.  Although I'm not sure this was in my garden, or even anyone's garden...perhaps a forest somewhere local.  Printed on my new paper, Foma 133, bleached back and toned in sepia.

Some plant things

I'm not sure anything is sharp here, but since when did that matter, eh?  I must admit to quite liking this print...


5 comments:

  1. That image has depth, as if I could reach down below the surface. I'll bet the effect is even more striking on the physical print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim - it has a kind of mystery to it that I like.

      Delete
  2. Great photo. It looks like it could have been made in 1863.
    I have three rolls of film that I'm going to send to the lab today or early next week. The Portra 400 has photos from the Heo Estate on it. And maybe something else. Can't remember. A roll of HP5+ has I don't know what on it. And the Kodak Funsaver camera I finished up yesterday has some photos of a friend, the cat and the missus, and . . . can't remember. When I get the film back I think I'll be surprised and disappointed in equal measure. Well, probably more disappointed . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus - it has a certain pictorialist look to it, which is probably why I like it.

      Ah the joys of delayed gratification & film photography - you never quite know what to expect until you have the negatives in your hand. I know that feeling of disappointment all too well but the occasional 'Yes!' usually more than makes up for the others. It's a bit like golf (although it's a very long time since I played that game)...you can have a round of duffed shots but a couple of decent drives or irons stay in the memory and keep you going back for more. Hopefully you'll get a couple of 'keepers'. I shall check in the usual place for the results...

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I was pretty careful when using the Portra, so that might turn out okay.

      Delete