Monday 4 March 2024

Runkerry Head

I finally got those last frames of FP4+ wasted and actually made it into the darkroom on Saturday morning.  I was a tad rusty, of course, but got something out in the end:

Looking out over Runkerry Beach towards the Causeway, which lies just beyond the headland
Blad/150mm/FP4+/Foma 133. 

I took this shot not far from the car park as it was ridiculously cold that day, with a wind that would clean you, as my mother would say.  My wife and I had intended going for a walk along the beach, but after about 5 minutes we both looked at each other and said 'Let's get back to the car'.  We shall no doubt return when the weather is a bit more clement.  June, perhaps.


5 comments:

  1. Nice. The paper/toning gives the scene a warm feel, unlike what you experienced. Brrr, it's no fun out with a camera on a cold, windy day. Speaking of cold, have you ever done anything like a cyanotype print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes I got a couple of 'knowing looks' from the couple of people that were also out ("poor man, got the photography thing going on there and looks half frozen to death").

      Haven't done cyanotype. Found a book in a charity shop of cyanotypes by Linda Eastwood/McCartney. Interesting but didn't get really get me that excited. I had a very brief experimentation with Bromoil and intend to try it again - it seems more interesting.

      Delete
    2. I had to look up bromoil, but it looks very good indeed. Only contact prints, though? You're going to need a bigger camera . . .

      Delete
    3. You can do bromoil from 'normal' darkroom prints as your starting point, though a bit like lith only certain papers will take the process; bleach them back until no image remains then dry them then ink them. That's the condensed version, obvs. I'll post anything that looks remotely half-decent, should that ever happen.

      Delete
    4. It sounds like a lot of work, but might be worth the effort. Definitely share if you do try.

      Delete