Monday 15 January 2024

What's on? Not much...

My talk last week at the local Club was well received.  I'd forgotten what a thoroughly decent bunch of people frequent the Club, so it was a really rather nice to be back amongst them again.  The lockdown over Covid obviously killed face-to-face meetings and it's been an uphill struggle for the Club to get people back. A struggle which I understand - once you get out of the way of doing something, it quickly becomes the new norm.

It was quite fun to go through my prints from the last couple of years and make a coherent presentation from them.  This is the shot that I kicked off with:


I remember taking this shot - there was lovely warm morning light coming in through the porch window and these beautiful soft shadows from a plant were being cast on the wall behind a old chaise longue thing that lurks in our hall.  Looking at it again last week I thought how much I still like this shot - the curve of the wooden frame of the sofa is just right for the scene and there's enough mystery about the shot to make it worthwhile looking at, I think - for a couple of seconds, anyway. 

Just letting y'all know it might be a-while before I have anything new to show on this place, but I'll endeavour to keep you vaguely entertained in the meantime.




No comments:

Post a Comment