Thursday 5 May 2022

Donegal style

I could think of worst places to be than the ground next to the little church in Churchill (you can see the shadow of the bell-tower on the grass) - the obligatory Yew Trees, which are common in a lot of graveyards and the lovely rolling countryside beyond:

Donegal.  What's not to like, eh? Hasselblad/50mm Distagon, Pan-F 50, HC-110 on Ilford MG Classic fibre paper.

It's obviously a new graveyard and seems relatively under-populated.  I suspect there's an older one nearby that is probably full, but the gates were locked so we couldn't get in for a wander.

2 comments:

  1. I was just reading about yew trees being common in graveyards the other day. I looked up information on the yew on Wikipedia after looking at your post. Very fascinating. In answer to the question posed in the photo caption, I'd say there's nothing not to like in Donegal. Looks like a great place. I would love to get there with a camera some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two yew trees in front of my mother's house and she often wondered why there are there. Maybe best not to wonder too much! Whatever the reason, they are lovely trees. My brother and I use to climb up inside them when we were young.

      Donegal is hard to beat. I often think it's like a cut-down version of Scotland, with its mountains, lakes, hills and sandy beaches.

      Delete