Monday 4 January 2021

Portrush West Bay

 Looking over the bay towards the town:


Even on a cold December morning there were some hardy souls in the water, surf boards at the ready.  Hasselblad, HP5+, ID-11 printed on Ilford MG Classic fibre paper.  

It's a very pleasant walk along the edge of the Bay all the way round to the Harbour, but I chickened out - it was pretty cold and I hadn't the right gear on.  

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to be out and about for the next six weeks or so - Northern Ireland is on a big lockdown to try to bring the COVID numbers down.  It's supposed to be essential travel only - not that you would think that's the case from the photographs appearing on social media sites.  Seaside resorts would appear to be fair game judging from the number of cars and people around.  We're sticking to a dander up and down the road for a bit of fresh air and exercise, which is absolutely fine.  The lockdown does mean, however, I might be back to some Still Life shots in the very near future, which won't be quite so fine as my garage (where I have a table set up next to a window) is chock-a-block with 'stuff' as well as being as cold as cold can be.  So I think I'll have to set something up inside the house.  We shall see what happens - you'll be the first to know.

3 comments:

  1. Some inspiration for your home still lifes :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny I was just reading about another bed recently...which pre-dates the Emin one by some considerable time: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2020/nov/11/the-pioneering-photography-of-imogen-cunningham-in-pictures

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. I don't know much about Cunningham. She is in a few of Weston's photos and I've seen the funny one where she is glowering at a nude model.

      Delete