Monday 17 September 2018

Amalfi

A bit further on down the road, past Positano and you get to the town of Amalfi.  Yes it was busy and yes there were tourists there (and not just ones from The North East Liberties of Coleraine) but I liked Amalfi.  There was a much more realistic feel to it compared to Positano.  We happened on a wedding in the town square for example, which led to an impromptu round of applause from all the onlookers.  Actually it was a bit like The Godfather, truth be told - a very slow walk by the bride and her elderly father up to the church in the middle of the square, everyone beautifully dressed and unrushed, in spite of the busy-ness all around.  Lovely, it was.



Amalfi - emerging out of rock

It was late afternoon when we were there but the sun was still strong.  I pointed the M6 directly into it just to see what would happen.  I think it was the Canon 50 f/1.4 LTM on the front of it -without lens hood - and I was conscious it was made around the 1960s, so I tried to shield it a little with my hand.  I shouldn't have bothered, of course - eejit that I am.  Those Canon folk knew what they were about...

Into the sun with old Japanese glass

The long building up top was, I think, a Franciscan Monastery. Now it’s a hotel. Progress, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment