Thursday 30 August 2018

Chasing my tail

I'm chasing my tail these days.  Struggling to get near the darkroom at the minute for a variety of reasons...start of the school year, too much to do in the garden and a looming medical procedure (tomorrow!) to try to improve my hearing, which is very poor right now.  By 'very poor' I mean almost non-existent.  But, I'm going in with a Positive Mental Attitude, which is my usual MO.

In the meantime I bring you one from a while back - the view from the top of mountain known as Binevenagh, between The Liberties and Derry/Londonderry. This one is looking East, towards Kinbane Head and the Giant's Causeway.  On a good day it's possible to see Scotland across the water, and even as far as Jura.  This was not the case on the day when this was snapped up, as there was a thick layer of cloud:

HP5+ on Iford Warmtone Fibre paper
Having spent a large part of the summer in hot and humid conditions and looking at perfect blue skies (more of than another time) it has been a welcome relief to get back to the Emerald Isle and decent temperatures (15 degrees C/59 F) and interesting skies. Much more pleasant - for this Irishman, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your procedure; I hope it gives you some hearing back. And I look forward to a time when you can blog more regularly. I miss seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good luck with the procedure. I really like your print. The land is dark but the details are still visible. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcus. I survived the procedure...although there was a last minute change of plan on the part of the surgeon and the new intervention (steroid injection into the inner ear) wasn't terribly pleasant. It's amazing how many questions you get asked by nursing staff before, during and after the procedure...none of which I could answer as I simply couldn't make out what was being said. Eventually, eventually they gave up and reverted to universal hand signals ('thumbs up' and just go with the flow). You gotta laugh...

      It's times like this I'm grateful for the technology...email, texting, blogging etc - all those forms of communication I can still do.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to read about your hearing troubles, Michael. I've been totally out of the loop for way too long, obviously :/
    I got to read on, obviously!
    A lovely print, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy. I would like to report some better news on the hearing front but alas no. I'm being patient - nothing else for it - in the hope that it sorts itself out sometime soon.

      Delete